Proposal for Christian Education Ministry Fundraiser As we prepare for growth we must continue to follow God’s leading as he reveals to us His vision for the direction of our CE ministry here at Smith Chapel Church. In order to follow His vision for us, our plans for ministry must be consistent with the “Great Commission” (Matthew 28:18 – 20) and our CE mission statement: 1. To teach that men may be brought into fellowship with God. 2. To teach that those thus brought into fellowship can be built up.
To teach that after you are brought into fellowship and built up, you can become teachers. Resources are needed to function effectively in the capacity as an overseeing and resource ministry. We propose a monthly donation from the membership to assist the CE ministry with providing the recommended services to each ministry of the church. We need to focus our resources for ministry based on these statements of purpose and mission. If making disciples of Jesus Christ is our mission (and purpose,) then we need to fulfill this mission in the most effective ways possible.
We believe that Smith Chapel CE ministry can be most effective at fulfilling our mission by investing in our members so that we can expand our present ministry into a thriving ministry for all members, thus affecting the surrounding communities. Studies have shown that an effective CE Ministry is absolutely vital to the fulfillment of the Great Commission. If this is true, then the church should be concentrating its resources and energies in this area of ministry.
This can be done most effectively when there are available funds dedicated to the task.
Churches without an active CE Ministry often suffer and soon lose their effectiveness. When our churches begin to understand the overall purpose of a CE Ministry, we will see spiritual and numerical growth, and effective ministries that really make a difference in the lives of the Christians within this denomination. When resources are dedicated to the CE ministry, one of the most important elements of ministry is initiated: consistency. Jesus’ ministry is the supreme example for all ministries. For Christian Education ministry in particular, we must concentrate on Jesus’ instructional ministry.
He taught the disciples not only by giving them instructions but by being a living example as well. He was prepared to: (1) give an answer to every question, (2) defuse confusion with clarity, (3) instill a sense of purpose and self worth, (4) He gave of himself and looked for others potential and helped them through their failures and struggles in life. This is the goal of the CE ministry – to help the people of God become mature in Christ. You may be asking yourself what are some of the tasks that the CE ministry could possibly do that would benefit the church. Here is a list:
• Prayer Establishing a system of accountability
• Helping with the needs of each ministry/auxiliary
• Establish programs that will interact with the young people “where they are… “
• Assist with planning youth and adult lessons and activities
• Planning special workshops to promote spiritual growth
• Providing resources to ensure the ministry programs functions smoothly
• Promote Discipleship
• Engage members in Evangelism
• Organizing communication and advertising
• Integrating new members into the broader life of the church
• Evaluation of ministries Communication link between local church and union/conference
• Working as a part of the church staff team
• Being involved in the community in positive ways In conclusion, without monetary donations, the CE ministry of Smith Chapel Church will be a limited resource, thus lacking in effectiveness and consistency. It is our prayer that we become a people loving God and edifying His people not only through praise and worship but through active kingdom building within the church and comminity. Thank you for your time in considering this request. Respectfully Submitted,