Pages 5 (1155 words)
With precipitous progression in information technology, the quantity of data being created is at an unprecedented rate. This data has already challenged human’s capabilities to keep it safe. Today, every significant business is utilizing digitalization strategies to successfully target clients with informing them in a dialect that they truly get in. Penetration into the business system can be wrecking for any business, particularly private ventures. Commonly companies experience the ill effects of various system security issues with no acknowledgment. There are two types of companies, one who suffer data breaches and other who don’t.
Now emerging is the third type- Those who are suffering with data breaches and have no acknowledgement. Securing the computer network, should be the foremost task of company. BACKGROUND Network security fuses the methodologies and arrangements embraced to avoid and forestall unapproved access, abuse or renouncing of network-assessible assets. It is a strategy followed by organization to ensure the security of the business assets. This incorporates the contribution of both hardware and software technologies.
Network security joins distinctive layers of assurances at the edge and in the system. This keeps malicious actors away from completing their illegal endeavours and cause threat to organizations. With hackers all around, organizations need to pull their socks up and convey their best security plan to continue and keep up the reputation of their organization.
Network security is a means of taking certain threats, acceptable risks, vulnerabilities and countermeasures into account. Network security staff build the system so that the framework is safe in the expected threat environment.
Network Security helps the organization in protecting their proprietary information from any attack. Network Security can be divided into following types:
- Antivirus and antimalware software
- Data loss prevention
- Intrusion prevention Systems
- Network Segmentation
- Security information and event management
SECURITY ISSUES IN NETWORKING AND CURRENT TECHNOLOGY TRENDS
When a business turns to digitalization, they make sure they cover up all the aspects of security hence protecting them from any external or internal attack. Still there are a few organizations who suffer from security attacks even after taking all the preventive measures. There are three types of fundamental weaknesses which open the doors to security issues.
- Technology: Every technology comes up with some inherent vulnerabilities which can be exploited by hackers. Some weaknesses associated with famous products are announced in public but still there are lots of weakness which remain under the cover and hence cause security issues in the organization.
- Configuration: Most of the network devices come up with default installation process that emphasizes on high performance rates, but these default settings can cause serious potential problems. So, it is necessary to put adequate attention to the instructions while installing any network device.
- Policy: This is related to the company’s policies on security. Lack of documented and adopted plans on security inadvertently leads to security threads to the network system. The impact of network attacks attracts the attention of a large audience. These threats are intended to compromise the CIA triad i.e. confidentiality, integrity and availability of data. They also affect other assets like software and hardware in the network.
Some of the biggest network risks are here:
- USB Drives: USB drives look small and handy, but they pose high risk. If there is data stored in USB and it is lost or caught by wrong hands then it may cause high damages to the organisation.
- Email Scams: Emails are the biggest target for virus and phishing issues. Emails are a part of business and are sent by people outside your computer network. Figuring out how to perceive when something looks marginally aslant, one can take extra efforts to secure the system. It surely is less demanding than managing an accident and hanging tight for technical support to help.
- Third party Solutions: Risks associated with solutions provided by third parties include a range of potential security issues. Unpatched third-party software opens the doors of vulnerabilities in the network system.
- Unknown Assets: Many companies do not have a complete inventory of all the IT assets that they have linked to their network.
These unknown assets are difficult to secure. This is a major issue in terms of security. Security issues in Cloud Network Cloud computing is the new trend that provides dynamically scalable resources as an internet service. However, when the word internet comes into the picture, there are security risks. Cloud security issues are:
- XML Attacks: XML Signature Element Wrapping is a well-known type of attack on protocols using XML signature for verification or accountability protection. It is also known as wrapping attack in short. This applies to Web services and hence to cloud computing.
- Browser Security: All the computations of cloud services are done through browsers. Still browsers don’t possess good security mechanisms. They are vulnerable to illegal authentication and many other threats.
- Flooding attacks: In this case, the attacker sends a large number of absurd requests to a cloud service. All requests must be processed by the cloud server to determine their validity, which causes an enormous workload per request for an attack, which can lead to a Denial of service (DOS). Security issues in Web applications For many businesses, website security is the least important topic. They always focus on keeping their websites live, leaving major vulnerabilities unattended.
Below are security issues of website:
- Injection: Injection vulnerabilities can allow unfiltered data to be transferred to the SQL server, browser or anywhere else in the network. These website layers can be used for injecting commands from a hacker. This can lead to data loss and eventually website hacking. Actually, it can also infect other websites in the network.
- Sensitive data: Any website’s failure is quite evident when it doesn’t use encryption to safeguard the sensitive information. One should never store sensitive information and user passwords in the unencrypted format.
- Security Settings: All security settings such as passwords and authentications should be updated regularly.
With the emerging new technologies, the ways of handling security issues have also grown mature. With all the smart hackers involved in the security areas, the security personnel have also updated themselves with new technologies. With the implementation of all new security tools, It is not an easy task to intrude the network of any organization. The tools and motivation to secure the networks is increasing at high rate.
The eventual fate of network security is increasingly perplexing as there is data stealing incidents are occurring on regular schedule. Because of this, organizations are losing tremendous measure of amount due to data breach. Henceforth organizations are spending immense amount of money for information assurance and security to keep up secrecy of information of their clients, so increasingly more impromptu creation is going on day by day how to keep these hackers under control. With every new innovation, there is a steady battle of system architects to fend off the hackers from their association.