This sample essay on Commemorative Speech provides important aspects of the issue and arguments for and against as well as the needed facts. Read on this essay’s introduction, body paragraphs, and conclusion.
My Favorite idol – SPECIAL PERSON, ONE OF THE GREATEST CONTRIBUTOR TO AMERICAN POP MUSIC INDUSTRY. – INFLUENCED BILLIONS OF PEOPLE WORLDWIDE WITH HIS MANY SELF-COMPOSED SONGS AND DANCE MOVES – FAMOUSLY KNOWN TO HAVE CHANGED HIS SKIN COLOUR – WON TOTAL OF 13 GRAMMY AWARDS (8 IN ONE NIGHT DURING THE 1984 GRAMMY AWARD CEREMONY WHICH EARNED HIM AN ENTRY IN THE GUISNESS WORLD RECORD ) – A CONTROVERSIAL FIGURE.
BUT LET’S JUST FOCUS ON HIS ACHIEVEMENTS AND HIS HUMANITARIAN EFFORTS. – MAKE A GUESS?
1. As a musician & remarkable vocalist ACHIEVEMENTS – STARTED OFF AS A LEADING VOCALIST IN JACKSON 5 AT THE AGE OF 5. (REMARKABLE RANGE & EMOTION) – AT 13, LAUNCHED OFF AS A SOLOIST WHILE CONTINUE TO BE MEMBER OF JACKSON 5. – BY 20, HIS INCREASED FAME AND ESTABLISHMENT AS A RISING STAR ALSO HELP HIS BAND “THE JACKSONS” TO SELL MORE THAN A MILLION COPY FOR THEIR ALBUM “TRIUMPH” IN 1980.
– ONE OF HIS GREATEST ACCOMPLISHMENT IN HIS MUSIC CAREER WAS THE SONG “TRILLER”, WHICH STAYED ON THE CHART FOR 80 WEEKS AND NO. 1 SPOTS FOR 37 WEEKS, IN WHICH HE WAS LABELLED “KING OF POP” FOR HIS WIDE INFLUENCES AND LEGACY IN THE POP MUSIC WORLD.
VOCALIST AND MUSIC STYLES – FROM A SOPRANO-TURNED TENOR, HIS VOICE RANGE REMAINED HUGE FROM F2, AND TO THE EFLAT KEY ONE OCTAVE ABOVE THE MIDDLE C. – USED THE TECHNIQUE OF “VOCAL HICCUP” – LIKE GASPING FOR AIR (UNQIUE METHOD) – HIGHER TENOR RANGE COULD EASILY SLIDE INTO THE FALSETTO RANGE – BETWEEN DIFFERENT GENRES OF SONGS, HE USES DIFFERENT FORM OF EXPRESSIONS WISELY (E.
G. FAMOUS HEAL THE WORLD AND BILLIE JEANS, YOU COULD HEAR DIFFERENT STYLES. IN BILLIE JEANS HE WAS HEARD SCREAMING AND USING THE VOCAL HICCUP METHOD MORE THAN IN HEAL THE WORLD WITH HIS PRODUCED A MORE ROUND AND THICK AND MELANCHOLIC VOICE).
– GOOD RENDITION – CONVEYS HIS IDEAS AND FEELINGS THROUGH HIS COMPOSITIONS (FOR EXAMPLE, EARTH SONG DEALT WITH ENVIRONMENTAL AND ANIMAL WELFARE) (FOR EXAMPLE, HEAL THE WORLD TALKS ABOUT NEED TO IMPROVE THE LIVES OF CHILDREN) (FOR EXAMPLE, BILLIE JEANS WAS WRITTEN IN DENIAL OF HIS FATHERHOOD OF A CHILD BY A LADY WHOM SHE MET) 2. As a dancer – CONCURRENT WITH HIS SINGING CAREER, MICHAEL ALSO TRADEMARKED SOME HIS UNIQUE DANCE MOVES ACCOMPANIED BY SOME OF HIS SONGS LIKE “BILLIE JEANS” AND “GHOSTS”.
THOUGH I AM NOT A DANCER, I AM ABSOLUTELY AWED BY HIS DANCE MOVES SUCH AS THE MOONWALK, CIRCLE SLIDE, THE PELVIC THRUST AND THE SPIN, ALL OF WHICH SERVES AS A TRADEMARK ICON TO HIM. NO DOUBT, MANY DANCERS ALL OVER THE WORLD HAD BEEN GREATLY INSPIRED BY MICHAEL AS WITH THE MANY SINGERS AND MUSICIANS. – E. G. MOONWALK, CIRCLE SLIDE, PELVIC THRUST, THE SPIN 3.
As a Humanitarian – NO DOUBT AS A WELL ACCOMPLISHED ENTERTAINER, HOWEVER, MICHAEL’S EFFORT AS A HUMANITARIAN SEEMS TO BE RELATIVELY UNKNOWN TO THE PUBLIC AT LARGE. HIS CONTRIBUTION AND EFFORTS IN SUPPORTING GOOD CAUSES EARNED HIM GUISNESS WORLD RECORD FOR THE MOST CHARITY SUPPORTED BY A POP SINGER. – SOME OF THESE EFFORTS INCLUDE •Setting up the ‘Heal the World’ Foundation which aims at providing medicine for children and fighting world hunger, drug and alcohol abuse, and child abuse •Michael supported the efforts of the NAACP, to fight prejudice against black artists.
• •Raised $3. 3 million dollars during ‘Michael Jackson and Friends’ concerts in Korea and Germany for the humanitarian agencies ‘UNESCO’, ‘Nelson Mandela’s Children’s Fund’ and the ‘International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies’.
Conclusion – DESPITE HIS DEATH SOME 5 YEARS AGO, MICHAEL CONTINUES TO INSPIRE ME AND MANY OTHER PEOPLE WITH HIS MUSIC LEGACY AND HIS HUMANITARIAN EFFORTS THROUGH HIS PERSONAL PHILOSOPHY – “MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE, FOR YOU AND FOR ME AND THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE” View as multi-pages TOPICS IN THIS DOCUMENT Billie Jean, Disco, Human voice, Michael Jackson, Pop music, Singing, The Jackson 5, Vocal range RELATED DOCUMENTS Michael Jackson … Michael Jackson: Man In The Mirror Michael Jackson is arguably the most well know celebrity figure in the world today.
Michael Joseph Jackson was born in August 1958, in Gary, Indiana. Jackson has spent almost his entire life as a public performer. He was a member of the Jackson Five at the age of four, soon becoming the group’s lead vocalist and front man. Onstage, he modeled… 623 Words | 4 Pages READ FULL DOCUMENT Informative Speech on Michael Jackson … Informative Speech Purpose: To inform or educate the audience about a topic of your choice. Time: 4-6 minutes Topic: Choose a topic that interests you and would probably interest your audience (the class).
Consider what your audience already knows about this topic and what their attitude about this topic will be. Do not inform us of something we already know tons about. You may not choose something that could be done as a demonstration speech…. 623 Words | 18 Pages READ FULL DOCUMENT Michael Jackson … Maya Kirk Ms. Bork Sophomore English 17 April 2013 Michael Jackson, a man of many talents, had 13 #1 singles, 17 Grammy Awards, and sold over 1 billion albums across the globe since his solo debut in 1972. Michael had a big effect on the world.
He influenced many people through his music. His dance moves created a new and innovative way for people to express themselves. His videos were a whole new experience for most people in the music industry…. 623 Words | 4 Pages READ FULL DOCUMENT Commemorative Speech …? Said Sidiqi Comm 2200 Professor Butler Commemorative Speech – Benjamin Franklin Benjamin Franklin once said, “If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write things worth reading, or do things worth the writing”. He was a man certainly worthy of praise as he did both.
He lived those words by writing and doing as much as he could. He wrote volumes and volumes of papers, almanacs, journals, and even an autobiography that proved to be… 623 Words | 2 Pages READ FULL DOCUMENT Michael Jackson … who inbraced the goodness of children and humanitarian work. He was the King of Pop. He was Michael Joseph Jackson. Born on the 29th of August 1958, in Gary, Indiana, Chicago, Michael was the eighth of ten children to an African-American family. He attended Montclair college prep, his elementary, where he gained interest in music.
Michael had a troubled relationship with his father. In an interview Michael admitted that… 623 Words | 3 Pages READ FULL DOCUMENT Michael Jackson … – Michael Jackson, referred to as the “King of Pop”, was an American recording artist, singer-songwriter, dancer, and musician. He has been acknowledged as the most successful entertainer of all time. – His contribution to music, dance and fashion, along with a much-publicized personal life, made him a global figure in popular culture for over four decades.
– Through stage performances and music videos, Jackson popularized a number of dance… 623 Words | 3 Pages READ FULL DOCUMENT Michael Jackson … Composition 1001 Monday June 10, 2014 Michael Jackson “Thrills” the World in 1982 T. S. Eliot stated, “only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far they can go,” (Crum). That is exactly what Michael Jackson did in the year I was born, 1982. Jackson was born as the seventh child to an African-American family in Gary, Indiana on August 29, 1958. He went on to debut on the professional music… 623 Words