Attention students: By a show of hands how many people in this classroom are under the age of 21? As you look around the classroom you will see that quite a few of you are under this age. Now think to yourself, even though you are under the age of 21, does it mean that no one in this classroom has ever tried alcohol? According to Professor Frankenberg from the alcohol concerns department alcohol is the most serious problem facing teenagers.
Essay Example on Why Alcohol Should Be Illegal Persuasive Speech
We are all students at college and most likely gone to one party with alcohol.
Today I’m here to convince you to think twice about picking up that next bottle of alcohol.
Let’s begin by talking about why teenagers should not have alcohol.
* Firstly, a main point is underage drinking is illegal in Britain.
* The way the police act to teenager drinking and driving is absolutely zero.
* Most parents who find out that their child has been drinking the parents don’t know how to deal with it.
* Underage drinking is a crime.
Now that I have explained why teens should not have alcohol, I will explain to all of you why teens are not responsible enough to drink.
* Teenagers are not responsible enough to drink.
* When people drink they lose control, and when underage people drink it is even worse. So the more you drink the more control you lose.
Ok. Just Imagine this situation of your best friend driving home from your house one night. And on the way home, your friend meets some person who decided to drink too much and your friend and the other driver crash head on. The underage drunk driver survives, while your best friend is killed. So what happened to the drunk driver’s judgement? It is in his 15 empty beer cans at the party that he blames.
Officer Dean Wilson, director of the National Organization has calculated that every 15 minutes someone in England dies as the result of an alcohol related traffic collision.
Now that I have explained why teenagers are not responsible to drink because of lack Of judgment, I will explain how alcohol is harmful to your health.
* Alcohol is harmful to your health.
* Anyone who drinks has the chance of seriously hurting his or her body. This can happen in several ways.
* Alcohol is a drug that can cause:
liver damage, cancer, heart damage or even death.
* Women who drink alcohol during pregnancy are at risk to deliver a child with fatal alcohol syndrome.
It is said that people who drink on a regular basis tend to look older faster. So just think drinking alcohol may seem cool when you are 18 and want to look 21 but what happens when you turn 30 and look like your 50. How good is it then?
As John hills the speaker for the charity Alcohol dangers said: “that the public should work together and enforce the dangers of alcohol to the teenagers in the world. Young bodies are just not made for drinking alcohol.”
Now that I have gone over all of my points let’s go back over what we’ve learned today.
First we talked about why teenagers should not have alcohol, then we discussed why teenagers are not responsible enough to drink, and finally we discussed how alcohol is harmful to your health.
I taught you to learn all that you can about underage drinking and think about what I have said to you today. I also urge you to tell others about the effects of alcohol.
Now I will end this speech with a question that I would like for all of you to think about, Is being accepted into a group, and just copying others to fit in worth the risks that are in effect after the first sip of alcohol? Is it really worth it?