http://www. allfreeessays. com/topics/cadbury-dairy-milk-competitors-analysis/0 http://www. managementparadise. com/forums/marketing-management-rm-im/137529-cadburys-advertising-strategy. html http://www. scribd. com/doc/46801673/Cadbury-Dairy-Milk-Report Cadbury India SWOT analysis : Strength
• Cadbury Schweppes plc is a very profitable organization, generated revenue of more than ? 6,508 billion (2005).
• It is a global chocolate brand built upon a reputation for fine products and services. Cadbury Schweppes plc was one of the Fortune Top 100 Companies to Work For in 2005. The company is a respected employer that values its workforce.
• The organization has strong ethical values and an ethical mission statement Weaknesses
• Cadbury has a reputation for new product development and creativity.
However, they remain vulnerable to the possibility that their innovation may falter over time.
• The organization has a strong presence in the United States of America, UK and India.
It is often argued that they need to look for a portfolio of countries, in order to spread business risk.
• Cadbury’s recall over 1 million chocolate bars over salmonella fears
• The organization is dependant on a main competitive advantage, the retail of coffee.
This could make them slow to diversify into other sectors should the need arise.
• The company has no apprehensions of cannibalization of its chocolate brands. Opportunities
• Cadbury company is very good at taking advantage of opportunities. The company has the opportunity to expand its global operations. New markets with new products which are limited in particular region.
• Cadbury has decided to focus on a few of its key brands such as Cadbury Dairy Milk, Bournvita, Eclairs and Halls to drive growth for the company.
• Co-branding with other manufacturers of food and drink, and brand franchising to manufacturers of other goods and services both have potential.
• Cadbury India is attempting to increase the declining market for chocolate with innovation, one of which is its sweet snack, Bytes. Brand ambassador Amitabh Bachchan for advertising there new products. Threats
• Who knows if the market for Cadbury will grow and stay in favour with customers, or whether another type of beverage or leisure activity will replace coffee in the future?
• Health organization have so many barriers for new development
• Cadbury’s are exposed to rises in the cost of chocolate and dairy products.
• Entry into salted snacks was ruled out so it is important to do new innovation and marketing research.