The Brazilian planted tree industry is supported upon a 100

The Brazilian planted tree industry is supported upon a 100% renewable base that produces a large contribution towards reducing the consequences of climate change by making and maintaining carbon stocks within the trees the companies’ plant and also the native forests they preserve. In 2016, the 7.84 million hectares of planted forests in Brazil were to blame for storing about 1.7 billion a lot of greenhouse gas equivalent the metric used to compare emissions of varied greenhouse gases, based on the global warming potential of every gas.

Carbon sequestration by the sector are a result from the growing cycles of the trees that are planted. This renewable method provides continuity to those carbon stocks over time. Additionally, to the carbon that’s removed and keep by planted trees, the sector also generates and maintains carbon reserves that would reach approximately 2.48 billion heaps of Carbon dioxide equivalence on 5.6 million hectares that comprise areas of legal reserve, areas of permanent preservation, and areas of private natural heritage reserve.

merchandise derived from planted trees can even replace product made of fossil fuels. an honest example is that the use of charcoal from planted trees within the steelmaking industry, or biomass to generate energy, each of that avoid fuels from fossil sources like coal and oil.

In its factories, the planted tree industry has made strides to pioneer and expand the potency of the technology used throughout the productive process. varied areas of the industry are already approaching energy independence, that particularly focuses on substituting fossil fuel sources with renewable ones, like black liquor, that could be a byproduct of manufacturing pulp and forest biomass.

Get quality help now
Sweet V
Verified

Proficient in: Energy

4.9 (984)

“ Ok, let me say I’m extremely satisfy with the result while it was a last minute thing. I really enjoy the effort put in. ”

+84 relevant experts are online
Hire writer

Companies in the planted tree sector have adopted rigorous management practices for solid wastes generated from their activities (in both forestry and industry) to generate less waste, ensure adequate disposal, and to accommodates legal and certification-related necessities that pertain to the present subject.

In 2016, the sector generated 47.8 million tons of solid waste, 33.7 million tons (70.5%) of which resulted from forestry activities and 14.1 million tons (29.5%) from industrial activities. In forest activity, 99.7% of the solid waste, which is predominantly bark, branches, and leaves, is left in the field to protect and fertilize the soil. The other 0.3% (oils, grease, and agrochemical packaging) is dispatched to its final destination, according to legal requirements.

In industry, 66% of waste is used to generate energy: it is burned in boilers to generate vapor and ultimately electricity for the production process, avoiding the use of fossil fuels. Another 25.5% of this waste (mainly residue from producing lumber like chips and sawdust, and paper scraps) is used as a raw material by other companies in the industry.

Other wastes such as lime sludge and boiler ash account for 5.0% of the total, and are reused to produce cement and recycled fuel oil, for example. The remaining waste accounts for 3.5% of the total and are sent to industrial landfills, in compliance with legal requirements. In terms of paper recovery, Brazil is among the world’s major recyclers. In 2016, 4.8 million tons of paper were directed back into production, which is the equivalent of a 64% recovery rate for all the recyclable paper consumed.

As a general, the forestry development factor is that every product or the waste that produce or comes from the industry can be recycle and reuse. The industry also provide a job opportunity and indirectly increase the community lifestyle and improve the living standard to those who are affected.

Cite this page

The Brazilian planted tree industry is supported upon a 100. (2019, Dec 08). Retrieved from http://paperap.com/the-brazilian-planted-tree-industry-is-supported-upon-a-100-best-essay/

Let’s chat?  We're online 24/7