SOLUTIONS TO IMPROVE MY MEMORY
MEDICAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL EVALUATION
If you notice memory loss, difficulty concentrating, remembering information, whether at home or a loved one, depending on the impact of these disorders on your daily life, do not hesitate to consult your doctor who, if necessary, will refer you to a specialist. In case of suspicion of stroke or a sudden memory disorder accompanied by other symptoms, it is imperative to consult urgently. If the memory holes are episodic and are the only symptom, we do not get alarmed, everything is normal. Memory ages with us. We must therefore take care to stimulate it to preserve its faculties.
Memory is talking. The important thing is to train it, with brain exercises, a rich intellectual and social activity, a balanced diet, a healthy life, sports and enough sleep.
KNOW THE GOOD MEMORIZATION TECHNIQUES
There are indeed methods that make it easier to memorize. This is what the Martinez Method proposes. Associations, creativity, mental palates … the method compiles the best techniques for “learning to learn” according to your needs (numbers, forms, texts …). Particularly useful for people who have large volumes to learn by heart, The Martinez Method is also for anyone who wants to keep his brain alert. Because the Method, if it does not cure, helps to stimulate his memory on a daily basis.
Exercises for attention
To remember, one of the keys is attention. It is therefore essential to ask as often as possible, to maintain it whenever necessary, with specialized activities or, for example, through board games and a lively social life.
Exercises for orientation
In addition to activities specifically designed to improve spatial and temporal orientation, walking around, getting to an appointment is a good way to maintain one’s memory and ability to navigate.
Improving one’s memory also means eating a healthy, varied and balanced diet. No food really boosts the memory. In contrast, vitamins A, C and E, as well as Omega 3, boost brain function in general.
Eating well to integrate the good things into your body is good. It’s even better if you clean it by removing the toxins. A detox cure can help fight against memory problems.
Plants (alternative medicine)
Some plants, such as ginkgo biloba, rhodiole, St. John’s wort or ginseng, have an effective action against memory problems.
THE SECRETS OF YOUR MEMORY
In order to make better use of our memory, we must understand how it works. I should say, how they work. Because, according to the model of representation of the most widespread memory, we have different types of memory , that is to say several storage systems and thus different paths of access. The declarative memory or explicit memory : here you key information that you can apply consciously and express through language.
1. Declarative memory is divided between semantic memory (memory of words, concepts and general knowledge) and episodic memory . The latter is related to the context of lived events. It is not voluntary: the memories are engraved automatically .
2. The non-declarative memory or implicit memory : Also called procedural memory , she falls unconscious processes related to our expertise. The bike is not forgotten, is it?
Your journey into the world of memory is just beginning. You have certainly seen a tiny part of the space that opens before you. You can go very far!
UNDERSTAND, FOCUS, TRAIN
There are no geniuses of memory, just curious ones who learn to handle the art of attention. My little finger tells me that you are one of them. To trust your memory, you must understand how it works. It’s all about concentration. In a world where we are solicited from all sides and where multitasking is praised (doing many things at once), concentration becomes a rare quality. You must cultivate this ability to improve your memory.
open a book and select a page without illustration and title. Nothing holds your attention. It’s the mess.
look now at the cover of the same book: you quickly locate the title, the possible illustration, the name of the author and perhaps even the publishing house.
Your concentration needs a guide . If it is not automatically proposed – as the publisher did by structuring the cover of the book – it is up to you to build your own guide, to draw the path that your memory will take to find the information .
THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF MEMORY
Most of the methods that I teach you are the link between the two declarative memories while soliciting the implicit memories. Emotions play a vital role . They transform information to memorize into personal memories.
Let’s take a moment that you lived yesterday. For that we will create meaning by appealing to your feelings. Choose a moment of life from your past day: a meeting, a scene in the street, a discussion … what you want. Now, gather all the sensory information related to this moment: the temperature, the air on your skin, the light, the colors, the perfumes, the aromas, the materials, the sounds. Concentrate on each of them and feel the emotions you have experienced again. We do not force ourselves to memorize. We are just trying to reproduce a faculty used spontaneously to create a memory.
CONCENTRATION PROBLEMS: WHAT ARE THEY, HOW TO TREAT IT?
Concentration disorders can affect many people at all ages and at all stages of life. However, this can cause difficulties when starting studies, or in the professional world. Daily life can also be affected by a lack of concentration. If you too feel problems concentrating, I propose here to understand the causes and find the appropriate solutions.
WHAT DOES CONCENTRATION DEPEND ON?
When we talk about concentration problems, we often refer to the inability to focus on a task at hand. To understand it, it is first necessary to define the factors that can influence the concentration:
1. Commitment to the task in question: If you do not feel concerned by the mission assigned to you, it will be more complex to be able to focus. On the other hand, if you feel involved, it will be much easier for you to get all your attention on the project in question.
2. Motivation: Focusing on a task is easier when it is of interest to you. Also, I strongly suggest that you consider all the positive consequences that may result from the fulfillment of your mission. For example, performing an effective review may allow you to have a good mark on your exam. Making a resume, even if it takes time and does not necessarily bring you satisfaction, will help you find a job. In the professional world, finishing your presentation conscientiously is the key to defend your project and put you forward.
3. Requested capacities: if you do not have the knowledge or the know-how to carry out your task, it may actually affect your concentration at work . Also, accepting missions that are in your strings is preferable. However, it is sometimes quite possible to acquire the necessary knowledge on your own.
4. The psychological and physical state: to be in good dispositions, as well psychological as physical is necessary to be attentive and concentrated. Therefore, to sleep well, to opt for a balanced diet and to avoid the stress can only be profitable.
5. The environment: As you probably know, a calm, orderly and relaxing environment is definitely what you need to increase your ability to concentrate.
To summarize, concentration can be favored by different factors. It will allow you to reach your goals, but also to memorize a maximum of important information. To stimulate one’s memory is essential in everyday life, school or professional. I also propose to discover my learning methods, by subscribing to my mailing list. You will receive tutorials and tips to boost your abilities.
RECOGNIZE PROBLEMS OF CONCENTRATION IN ADULTS?
Do you think you have some concentration problems? I propose immediately to learn a little more about the various symptoms that can translate this problem:
1. The systematic forgetting of information: if you are no longer able to remember a piece of information that a colleague, a television news item, or a phrase you read in an article or book, then you may be be subject to problems with concentration. Nevertheless, this can also translate an untrained memory. In this case, I encourage you to take note of my methods of memorization, in order to boost your cognitive abilities.
The impossibility of carrying out long and extensive tasks over time.
Difficulty reading: we can talk about concentration problem when you dive into a good book you can not. You feel the urge to do something else, you can not bring your full attention to the story.
2. A heavy head impression: this is a recurring symptom in people with concentration disorders.
3. Everything is a distraction: a noise, an object that catches your attention, a movement in your field of vision … when you suffer from this type of problem, any stimulus can cause a total loss of concentration.
4. A task takes a lot more time: doing the dishes, tidying up your belongings, making your schedule, you feel that everything you have to do takes a considerable amount of time? So you may be suffering from a disorder of attention. If you can not focus on a conversation, a movie, a book, if you can not assimilate simple information, in this case, it is possible to say that your concentration is prone to malfunction.
Different factors can cause a concentration disorder. I tell you a little more about it:
1. Chronic stress: it’s scientifically proven, a stressed person will not be able to focus. This phenomenon has a direct impact on the body. The ball in the stomach, the tremors, that can greatly diminish the attention.
Pregnant women, as well as those who experience menopause, may also have trouble concentrating. This is explained in particular by the hormonal upheaval that takes place in the body.
ADHD for Attention Deficit Disorders with Hyperactivity. In this case, it is necessary to consult a competent doctor. Indeed, this type of problem can be treated with appropriate drugs.
2. A lack of sleep: if you neglect to rest properly, then your brain will not have the energy to help you focus. Also, the importance of quality restorative sleep is absolutely essential, to avoid the disorders of the concentration.
3. An unbalanced diet: Being undernourished or not taking advantage of all the nutrients and vitamins necessary for the proper functioning of the brain and the body can greatly affect your attention. Also, it is strongly recommended to review your diet, in order to rebalance it.
4. Anxiety: a worry is trotting in your head, and you are no longer able to think of anything else? In this case, in order to regain a good concentration capacity, it is highly recommended to perform relaxation, meditation or breathing exercises. This will allow you to relax. Do not neglect the sport, it will help you feel better.
5. A poorly trained memory: I spoke to you previously, but a memory that would not be solicited daily will tend to fail you, not to be confused with a problem of medical memory. Also, you will almost immediately forget all information received throughout the day. For this reason, I strongly recommend that you read my memorization techniques. This will force you to concentrate, and you will be more effective in everyday life, at work or during your studies.
HOW TO FIND A SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEMS OF CONCENTRATION?
Unless you have ADHD, depression or chronic stress, it is possible to overcome a concentration disorder. Here are my tips that will help you:
1. A suitable working environment: I suggest you remove all sources of distraction, noise for example, your smartphone or television. It is also best to take advantage of a tidy and organized workspace to avoid wasting time looking for your work equipment.
2. Take breaks to recharge your batteries: the brain needs a break from time to time. Also, allow yourself time off for a coffee or snack. Sport is a good idea for spacing work sessions.
3. Finding the motivation needed: Motivation is a factor that strongly influences concentration. As we have seen, it is essential to motivate oneself on a daily basis. For that, I advise you to grant you rewards after each task accomplished. Think of the carrot, rather than the stick!
4. Prioritize your tasks: in order not to get lost in the various missions assigned to you, it is important to organize yourself and take stock of the priorities. Use a calendar or planning tool to get a little clearer and structure your day. Of course, learning to focus is also discovering learning methods to boost your memory . You will then have to concentrate and pay attention to the people or objects around you.