• AY Foundation The Alfonso Yuchengco Foundation, Inc (AY Foundation) serves as the heart of YGC. It manifests the Group’s conviction that social responsibility is a corporation’s lifeblood, essential to its survival and success. Established in 1970, this non-profit, service-oriented organization has dedicated itself to the uplift of the Filipino spirit. Using contributions from YGC’s member companies, the AY Foundation has various social development programs focusing particularly in the education, health and nutrition sector.
Now entering its fifth decade of service, the Foundation continues its commitment to contribute to the improvement of the quality of life of the Filipino –especially the poor and disadvantaged.
• Yuchengco Museum The Yuchengco Museum, located at RCBC Plaza in Makati City, is one of Manila’s newest art museums and cultural assets. The museum opened its doors to the public in September 2005, and was created especially by Alfonso Yuchengco to house his art collection and be a venue for artistic and cultural exhibitions.
The establishment of the museum was a natural extension of Yuchengco’s distinguished career as an influential Filipino-Chinese businessman, diplomat, collector, philanthropist, art patron, and education advocate.
With its range of original exhibitions and engaging programs, the museum fosters a great public appreciation of the finest in Filipino and Filipino-Chinese creativity.
The museum’s offerings focus on three different themes: Sino-Filipino Expressions that highlight the visual arts ; Bridging Cultures, which showcases the rich and diverse cultural expressions from the Philippines, the region, and the world; and Design as Art Art as Design showing contemporary design excellence.
As a member of Yuchengco Group of Companies (YGC), the Yuchengco Museum is also a platform for the museum’s corporate social responsibility.
The museum also highlights the Yuchengco family and the YGC as patrons of arts and culture, positioning them not just as business leaders, but as vanguards of cultural heritage.
• RCBC YGC’s flagship company for the banking industry is the Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation (RCBC). It is ranked as among the top 5 private domestic commercial banks. Incorporated in 1960, RCBC—then known as Rizal Development Bank—was the first development bank to be established in the province of Rizal.
Two years later, it received the approval of the Central Bank to operate as a commercial bank. Since then, RCBC has become a leading name in the banking industry. RCBC’s claim to excellence rests on the manner that it redefined Philippine banking services. The first to adopt the concept of integrated banking, RCBC went beyond traditional banking by offering clients investment and insurance services. Being at the forefront of industry innovations, RCBC continues to serve its clients with the highest standards of professionalism. House of Investments House of Investments, Inc. (HI) is a unique component of YGC. Servings as its investment arm, HI is the first enterprise of its kind in the Philippines. Ever since its first operations in the early 60’s, HI has continuously sought new areas and diverse opportunities for investment and deployment of resources. House of Investments, or HI, a respected leader in project development activities and joint ventures with internationally established companies, ontrols and manages a major list of companies in education and information technology, construction and infrastructure, consumer finance, and other services such as memorial parks, strategic sourcing and trading. Through HI, YGC branches out, entering new industries, interacting with a wide range of players and absorbing fresh ideas. No wonder HI has the reputation of being the leader in project development as well as an active Philippine partner of some of the world’s most respected companies.
• RCBC Capital Corp. RCBC Capital Corporation is a subsidiary of RCBC.
It offers a complete range of investment banking and financial consultancy services. It specializes in the underwriting of equity, quasi-equity and debt securities, loan syndication, and financial advisory services. RCBC Capital has successfully acted as Issue Manager, Lead Manager or Co-Lead Manager for numerous fund raising activities of both Government and privately-owned companies in the Philippines. In the local government bond market, RCBC Capital is the most active player from the private sector having underwritten majority of the local government bonds issued in the country.
To assist clients in raising funds either through debt, quasi-equity or equity issuance, RCBC Capital acts as an intermediary in the sale and distribution of new securities to the public and via private placement or arranges a syndicate of banks willing to fund the client. In the process, RCBC Capital advises companies on the appropriate security to issue, timing, pricing and other terms, as well as assists in preparing the required documentation. RCBC Capital also provides financial advisory services with regard to the overall financial condition and strategy of a company.
RCBC Capital also engages in the trading of stocks through its wholly-owned subsidiary, RCBC Securities, Inc. , a stock brokerage and a trading participant in the Philippine Stock Exchange. With an established network of equity investors, it can sell shares on a primary or secondary basis.
• RCBC Forex Brokers Corp. RCBC Forex Brokers Corporation was established as a subsidiary of RCBC in August 1998. It is engaged in dealing and brokering major world currencies in various foreign exchange contracts with local and international clients.
As a broker, it also brings together sellers and buyers of foreign exchange, offering them very competitive rates through its offices in RCBC and RCBC Savings Bank Business Centers nationwide. RCBC Forex Brokers Corp. is part of RCBC Financial Markets Group.
• RCBC Savings Bank RCBC Savings Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of one of the country’s top universal banks, Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation (RCBC). RCBC Savings Bank was incorporated in January 1996 to serve as the consumer and retail banking arm of RCBC.
• RCBC Securities, Inc.
• RCBC Telemoney Europe
Bankard, Inc. is a pioneer in the credit card industry with 25 years of experience in card issuing and acquiring tucked under its belt. Celebrating its silver anniversary in the year 2007, the company entered another milestone in its existence on the same year with the re-branding of its cards from Bankard to RCBC Bankard – the culmination of Bankard’s coming together with banking industry stalwart Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation (RCBC) that began in the year 2000 and concluded last December 2006 with the sale of the entire Bankard business and all of its assets to RCBC. YGC Corporate Services Inc.
• First Malayan Leasing and Finance Corp. First Malayan Leasing and Finance Corporation (Malayan Leasing) is a pioneer in the leasing and financing industry in the Philippines as the company started its operations in 1957. Malayan Leasing is a non-bank financial institution with a quasi-banking license granted by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas. It serves the requirements of corporate, commercial and consumer markets through its innovative loans, leases and investment products. Grepalife Asset Management Corp.
• Grepalife Established in 1954, GREPALIFE Financial, Inc. (formerly The Great Pacific Life Assurance Corporation or simply Grepalife) is the first life insurance company to be put up after the Second World War and the 12th insurance firm to do business in the Philippines. Since then it would develop a corporate life of its own and would evolve into a solid pillar of the Yuchengco Group of Companies. It is one of the 10 largest life insurance companies in the Philippines today.
With a growing number of policyholders, GREPALIFE Financial has become a life partner of many Filipinos. With over 200,000 policies in force, the company remains committed to its mission of promoting the great life among Filipino individuals and families. It is recognized as a leader in group insurance, protecting more than 4,000 groups and organizations. Through its competitive salary savings program, GREPALIFE Financial takes pride in holding significant niches among the country’s public school teachers and military personnel.
Through creativity, innovation and wise leadership, GREPALIFE Financial has grown to be a trusted name among the country’s life insurers. Grepalife Asset Management Corporation is established primarily to manage, promote, provide and render management and technical advice and services to mutual fund companies. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of (shouldn’t this be GREPALIFE Financial, Inc. ) Great Pacific Life Assurance Corporation, the life insurance arm of the YGC
• Malayan Insurance The Malayan Group of Insurance Companies has dominated the non-life insurance industry for over 30 years now.
As the forerunner of the flagship institutions of the Yuchengco Group, it is the oldest of all the YGC members, and currently ranks as the biggest non-life insurance group in the Philippines. The Malayan Group places a premium on serving the interest of its clients. It continuously improves and innovates in order to provide a more efficient and better service. It is known for its wide coverage range of insurance risks including fire, marine and cargo, motorcar, miscellaneous casualty, personal accident and surety.
As the Malayan Group enters its ninth decade of service, it will continue to exhibit the same brand of leadership and excellence respected by its policymakers and colleagues in the industry.
• Mapua Institute of Technology The Mapua Information Technology Center (MITc), a spin-off of MapuaTech’s School of IT is envisioned to become the leader in non-university type education, offering two-year Diploma Programs to eventually an Associate Degree ladderized to the Bachelor’s Degree (4-year) I. T. courses of MIT.
MITc invests on its students’ IT education to equip them with unparalleled skills and experience that will enable them to win in the global IT marketplace. With its academic reputation and the vast network of the YGC Group of Companies, MITc aims to provide top quality education to supply top corporations with skilled, high value IT professionals. Executive and Developer Programs are also available for professionals and corporations for their continuing education program (short courses). Different entity yet one aim – to give the best Education there is, stamped with Mapua excellence.
OUR MISSION MITc produces highly-competitive and well-rounded individuals equipped with relevant, up-to-date, research-based technical and communication proficiencies in the fields of Information Technology, Management and Network technology in response to the demands of business and society globally. OUR VISION MITc will be the pioneer center that offers the best quality 2-year education that nurtures students to become ready for employment. MITc will be known not only in diploma courses recognized globally but also in other related technologies. Mapua Information Technology Center The Mapua Institute of Technology (MIT), is an 80-year old technology-focused school located in Intramuros, the heart of Manila. With 15,000 students in college level, it is the biggest engineering school in the Philippines, accounting for about 8% of engineering graduates every year. The Institute also runs a pre-engineering high school with about 1,800 students. The Institute’s name derives from its founder, Don Tomas Mapua, an architecture graduate of Cornell University.
The Institute was fully owned by the Mapua family until 1999 when it was acquired 100% by the Yuchengco Group of Companies (YGC) through a company now known as iPeople, Inc. Ambassador Alfonso T. Yuchengco chairs the Mapua Board of Trustees, while Alfonso S. Yuchengco, III is the Vice-Chairman. The Institute prides itself with the quality of its architecture and engineering programs, which has been demonstrated time and again in the long history of topnotch performance of its graduates in the government-administered professional licensure examinations.
Under the new YGC management, the quality of instruction is being enhanced and new dimensions are being added to the Institute’s mission. Aside from excellence in teaching, the Institute now aims to develop its research, as well as its consultancy and community extension capabilities. The Institute will be at the front-lines of problem solving for the benefit of the Filipinos and humankind, while keeping in mind that the core of its strength lies and shall continue to lie in its engineering nd architecture educational programs, programs that are well-balanced by the 2-year general education curriculum in the arts, humanities and social sciences. In recognition of the growing need for IT professionals locally and worldwide, the Institute is establishing more IT programs through regular degree programs and 2-year associate degree programs as well as short-term programs for specific and special competencies. The School of IT and the Center for Continuing Education and Special Competencies handle these programs.
To put its consultancy services on a solid organizational footing, the Institute established a wholly-owned subsidiary, the Mapua TechServ, Inc. To handle research it shall similarly organize the Mapua TechSearch, Inc.
• Malayan Colleges Laguna Malayan Colleges Laguna (MCL) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mapua Institute of Technology. Driven by passion for knowledge, it is established to extend the quality of education Mapua has been known for. Along with the other subsidiaries like the Mapua I.
T. Center and the Malayan High School of Science, MCL shall respond to the challenges of globalization in order to produce graduates who shall be at par with their foreign counterparts. The campus is located in Cabuyao, Laguna, where several science and industrial parks are situated. With this excellent location, students are prepared in the actual, technology-driven industries through on-the-job trainings and apprenticeships even during their mid-academic years.
With its excellent facilities, technologically advanced and IT integrated curricula, MCL is envisioned to be a center of excellence for science and technology education in Southern Luzon.
• Malayan High School of Science
• RCBC Realty Corp.
• iPeople Inc. iPeople Inc is a subsidiary of the House of Invesments, Inc. It aims to explore new strategic business areas in education and information technology. iPeople provides information retrieval.
Using its sister company the Mapua Institute of Technology, as a base and starting point for building other IT businesses, iPeople is assured of high quality IT and engineering background needed to succeed.
• Pan Pacific Computer Center, Inc. Pan Pacific Computer Center, Inc. is an Information Technology (IT) solutions and services provider for more than 41 years now. PPCC has technical expertise in Helpdesk Support Services, Technical Support Services, Network Management, Security Services, Systems Administration, Business Process Documentation Services, Project Management and Document Management Solutions and Services.
PPCC also offers network storage solutions in partnership with EMC Philippines. Currently, PPCC provides consolidated IT services to the entire Yuchengco Group of Companies (YGC) as well as to other reputable accounts from various industries. Pan Pacific Computer Center, Inc. (PPCC) is an ISO 9001:2008 certified information technology company.
• People eServe Corp. People eServe Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of iPeople, Inc. and a member of the Yuchengco Group of Companies (YGC). Incorporated last July 17, 2001 as an IT company under iPeople, Inc. it ventured into reselling and hardware maintenance on July 1, 2002. Philippine Integrated Advertising Agency, Inc.
• Hi-Eisai Pharmaceutical, Inc.
• Grepalife Medical and Diagnostic Center Grepalife Medical and Diagnostic Center provides quality health care services. It features the latest medical, dental, optical, and laboratory facilities including treadmill, ultrasound, and other modern diagnostic equipment. With qualified multi-specialists and pro-active clinic personnel, clients are assured to have quick and quality medical attention immediately. The center offers pre-employment and annual physical examinations accepted by numerous embassies and multi-national companies.
It also has a pharmacy where common and prescribed medicines are readily available.
• EEI Corporation EEI Corporation takes pride in being one of the largest construction companies in the country, primarily engaged in construction, trading and in providing allied products and services in the Philippines and selected overseas markets. We are committed to: providing quality and cost-effective products and services to our customers; extending meaningful employment and a better quality of life to our employees; delivering reasonable returns to our shareholders; and serving the welfare of the community at large. Honda Cars Kalookan
• Honda Cars Quezon City
• Isuzu Manila
• Honda Cars Manila
• Honda Cars Marikina
• Pan Malayan Express Inc.
• Manila Memorial Park Cemetery, Inc.
• La Funeraria Paz Sucat, Inc.
• Malayan Plaza Mission and Vision the YGC Vision We are a customer–focused group of companies. We provide integrated, world-class products and services, delivering superior value throughout the lives of our customers. We are a dynamic and professional organization, continuously improving our competitive capabilities and fully responsive to the national interest and the needs of our stakeholders.
We work as a synergistic team and build mutually rewarding partnerships to sustain our growth. We stand behind our commitment: Integrity and Service Excellence, aimed at enhancing the quality of life of our people. The Blue Hexagon Service Quality Code We believe that customers are our reason for being. We listen to them and understand them. We offer them the best products and services. We believe that to achieve this, we need to continuously improve ourselves. We have to be more sensitive to their needs and wants. We believe that teamwork will deliver this commitment. We value and help each other and the communities we serve.
We are YGC. This is our future. This is our battlecry: YGC=Excellence. Corporate values The Yuchengco Group of Companies adheres to a set of values which inspire all the member companies in their aim to be leaders in their respective fields. Service Excellence Everyone in the YGC companies know that their business is all about service excellence. Service excellence translates into acting with client’s needs in mind. Through the different service provided by the various companies of YGC, the high standard performance is demonstrated and maintained for the past 70 years. Professionalism
Discipline coupled with dedication to one’s work results in the highest levels of professionalism which puts a premium on a job well done. YGC makes no compromises in its quest to discover new innovations to improve the lives of their clients. They are models of professional commitment, transparency, and openness to improvement demanded by the values of YGC. Forward Thinking It is important to look ahead into the future, preparing for whatever lies ahead. YGC believes that businesses must be forward thinking, decisive, creating strategies to meet tomorrow’s challenges.
For many years now, YGC has pioneered in integral financial services – meeting client’s needs from cradle to tomb. Through the advance thinking of the YGC, loyal customers enjoy and avail the full range of the Group’s variety of services at their convenience. Accountability YGC believes that people working together instead of against each other makes everyone a winner. Everyone, including large conglomerates, must be accountable for the welfare of their neighbors. YGC recognizes people who made social accountability a way of life, not only among their ranks but also in the general populace.
Sense of Urgency YGC knows that clients want their needs to be given full attention and top priority. All its companies believe in the timely accomplishment of tasks and treats every customer’s case with a sense of urgency. Teamwork It takes teamwork to make things work at YGC. Teambuilding is taken very seriously. Officers and staff are expertly-trained so that all efforts are harmonious and unified. For teamwork is truly the strength of synergy. Synergy is the strength of YGC. All the group’s personnel are dedicated to working for the advancement of YGC, customer welfare and the common good.
Leadership The success of YGC is mainly attributed to its leader, Don Alfonso Yuchengco. When Don Enrique Yuchengco died in 1953, he left Don Alfonso all the businesses and its management. Using what he learned from his father, he is able to make the companies flourish even during difficult times. One of the keys to Don Alfonso’s early success in business is his ability to make friends and interact productively with business colleagues. The valuable contacts and opportunities he developed through his social network helped his companies expand rapidly.
Associates like to point out that his openness to setting up joint ventures, especially with foreign partners, has been one of his most important assets. Don Alfonso’s career has spanned many eras starting from the Philippine Commonwealth, through the Second World War, the years of economic expansion in the 1950s and 1960s as well as the difficult years of martial law in the 1970s and 1980s. Throughout his career as a businessman and a diplomat, he consistenly espoused social discipline and national pride. His belief that both are necessary ingredients for progress and development has served his companies and the nation well.
Corporate Social Responsibility Given the YGC’s character and civic-mindedness, Don Alfonso Yuchengco felt the need to turn over some of the profits from the many thriving companies to a well-planned system of philanthropy. In 1970, the YGC established the AY Foundation, Inc. to handle most of his charitable donations and to monitor long-term civic projects. The chosen beneficiaries represent a broad range of activities but they are all related to issues that hold personal significance for Alfonso Yuchengco.
Their generous donations have directed largely toward helping the disadvantaged children enjoy the vital necessities of life, enhancing educational opportunities, supporting the arts and protecting the environment. Latest CSR news 31-May-2011 Yuchengco Group awards winners of environment project competition The various Human Resources and Marketing heads of the Yuchengco Group of Companies (YGC) recently awarded the nine finalists of its YGC Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)-Environment Ideation Contest.
The competition encouraged all employees from more than 60 member companies of the conglomerate to submit proposals for environmental care and sustainability, to be adopted as a component activity of its YGC Earth Care Program. The nine finalists – six (6) third place entries, two (2) second placers, and one (1) overall winner – bested over 700 ideas submitted by individual employees and team members. The winning proposal, from the Management Services Group of Malayan Insurance, is entitled “Sandaang Puno sa Sandaang Bayan Para sa Sandaang Taon ng YGC” to commemorate the Centennial Anniversary of the conglomerate.
It is set to be implemented by the YGC Councils as its main Green Marketing Initiative under the title of YGC Product for A Tree. 31-May-2011 Environmental sustainability tackled in YGC Earth Care seminar Following through on its environmental pledges made during the the commemoration of Earth Hour last March 2011, the Yuchengco Group of Companies (YGC) recently gathered the Human Resources and General Services Department heads of its various member companies to a two-day environment seminar held at the RCBC Plaza in Makati City.
Dubbed as the YGC Earth Care seminar, the activity is part of the umbrella campaign called the YGC Earth Care Program, which is envisioned to enable the conglomerate to create an Earth-friendly sustainable business environment. Presiding over the seminar was the WWF-Philippines Vice Chairman and CEO Jose Ma. Lorenzo “Lory” Tan, whose presentation revealed the complex issues and implications surrounding global warming and climate change. He stressed the need for more decision makers to start implementing appropriate responses to help address these cataclysmic changes affecting the environment.
As it commemorates its centennial anniversary this year, the YGC is focusing its business sustainability strategies toward caring for nature, conserving resources, and utilizing alternative sources of energy. The YGC’s commitment made during Earth Hour calls on all the heads of its various companies to target a 10-percent reduction in emissions by 2012 through simple measures now made mandatory for all its employees, like switching off unnecessary lights and other appliances, conserving water and paper products, and many other acts.
The YGC estimates that a full-year commitment to this 10-percent carbon footprint reduction means savings of up to P50 million for the entire conglomerate – demonstrating how simple forms of savings will go a long way to make a hugely positive difference. CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY In 1970, Ambassador Alfonso T. Yuchengco established the AY Foundation, Inc. as the social development arm of the Yuchengco Group of Companies. Its main thrusts are in education, national discipline and community service, as well as public health and welfare.
PROGRAMS: Scholarship Programs Since 1970, more than 7,200 educational grants have been awarded by AYF to street children, indigent students belonging to cultural minority groups as well as deserving but financially needy dependents of YGC employees. National Discipline The National Discipline Awards aim to give recognition to graduating high school students who consistently exemplify the virtue of discipline in school and in the community. Medical and Surgical Mission
The AYF provides poor Filipinos in far-flung communities with access to quality medical services. More than 6,000 major and minor surgical procedures benefiting indigent patients in remote communities have been performed for free. In addition, 55,000 poor Filipinos were provided with free medical and dental consultations and medicines. Blessed Teresa of Calcutta Awards Inspired by 1979 Nobel Peace Prize winner, Mother Teresa of Calcutta, the AYF in partnership with the Manila Jaycees established the Blessed Teresa of Calcutta Award in 1983.
The award is given to outstanding individuals who have dedicated their lives in the service of the “poorest of the poor. ” CYCLE (Championing the Youth for Community LEadership) Program A leadership training and values formation program that instills a keen sense of social responsibility among the National Discipline Awardees through volunteer work in depressed communities. Since 2001, over 200 students were given a chance to go through this three-level leadership program.