PSO, in their mission statement clearly state that they aim to lead the energy market through quality products and services.
• • They intend to do this by creating a workforce of professionally trained, highly motivated people.
• • They aim to create a friendly, team-oriented culture and acknowledge and reward good performance, innovation and creativity for personal growth and development of employees.
• • They plan to use economies of scale to continue achieving sustained growth.
• • They have a socially responsible attitude in their business practices.
Vision Analysis The vision of PSO depicts their energy of becoming the number 1 company of today and tomorrow. Also, it shows how important their customers are to them. Providing them with innovative goods which make life more convenient is their basic aim. Conclusion Both the mission and vision statement are strong and clearly define the company’s short and long term objectives. [pic] Mission Mission Analysis: Above is the Coca-Cola Company’s external mission statement, which lists the goals of the company.
It is not an exaggeration to state that every living person on the planet is a potential customer, partner, or recipient, directly and indirectly, of a product, opportunity, service, or other benefit that Coca-Cola may offer. Each of the three take the whole world as the customer irrespective of gender, location, race, nationality and religion. Analysis of each statement separately: a) The first proclamation says that Coke refreshes (in mind, body and spirit). This is a statement that suggests that Coca-Cola produces some sort of food item, which it does, of course.
Then it goes on to say world which encompasses everyone. Although, this will mean different things to varied persons – it says to a wage earner to ensure that the offering ought to be such that it delivers on this covenant, to a customer it says that Coke’s offerings are sworn to invigorate him, to the salesperson it says that Coke is a superior offering that he ought to do business with, to a stakeholder it says that the corporation makes an extraordinary item, which is already very good, and is on a high natural growth highway. b) The second says ‘inspire moments of optimism’.
This statement is unclear and does nothing to differentiate Coca-Cola from any other food producer. One of the goals of every firm is to inspire optimism. c) The third “create value and make a difference” Likewise, this statement, while better defined than the prior statement, simply plays on the reader’s emotions and adds nothing substantive Presence of the elements in the mission:
• Customer needs: The mission clearly states that coca cola is a food item catering to the happiness and thirst of all. At the same time it promises to make a difference in order to satisfy customer needs Customer groups: Their mission clearly states that they cater to all the persons in the Coke World – end-users, staff, general, masses, stock holders, vendors, etc. who form their customer groups
• Technologies: Their basic tool of satisfying customer needs is by refreshments, which states the type of product but they fail to list any business approaches or use of resources in order to meet the needs and satisfy the customers. Vision Analysis Conclusion: Overall, Coca-Cola’s mission and vision statement defines its goals, policies, and values and defines the competency of the company.
It indicates the company’s scope; the reach of Coca-Cola is world-wide. It does not, however, do a good job of stating why its operation is better than anyone else’s. As a result, it does not define the competitive environment. Most of the ideals that Coca-Cola lists are generic — every firm wants to do well by its shareholders and its customers. Consequently, the mission statement needs refined if it is to be taken seriously but it does however have a strong mission and vision statement. ———————– Our Roadmap starts with our mission, which is enduring. It declares our urpose as a company and serves as the standard against which we weigh our actions and decisions.
• To refresh the world…
• To inspire moments of optimism and happiness…
• To create value and make a difference MISSION:
• We are committed to leadership in energy market through competitive advantage in providing the highest quality petroleum products and services to our customers, based on:
• • Professionally trained, high quality, motivated workforce, working as a team in an environment, which recognizes and rewards performance, innovation and creativity, and provides for personal growth and development. Lowest cost operations and assured access to long term and cost effective supply sources.
• Sustained growth in earnings in real terms.
• Highly ethical, safe environment friendly and socially responsible business practices. VISION: To excel in delivering value to customers as an innovative and dynamic energy company that gets to the future first. Vision Our vision serves as the framework for our Roadmap and guides every aspect of our business by describing what we need to accomplish in order to continue achieving sustainable, quality growth. People: Be a great place to work where people are inspired to be the best they can be.
• Portfolio: Bring to the world a portfolio of quality beverage brands that anticipate and satisfy people’s desires and needs.
• Partners: Nurture a winning network of customers and suppliers, together we create mutual, enduring value.
• Planet: Be a responsible citizen that makes a difference by helping build and support sustainable communities.
• Profit: Maximize long-term return to shareowners while being mindful of our overall responsibilities.
• Productivity: Be a highly effective, lean and fast-moving organization