Affordable by Design by Alice Horrigan, www. emagazine. om Affordable Housing Issues, Shimberg Center for Affordable Housing
• Design Matters in Affordable Housing (December 1999)
• Top Ten State and Local Strategies to Increase Affordable Housing Supply (February 2003)
• Impact of Construction and Real Estate on Florida’s Economy (June 2003)
• Low Impact Development (April 2004) Affordable Housing regulations, City of Redmond, WA Affordable Housing: Meeting a Town’s Affordable Housing Obligation While Protecting Natural Resources, Association of New Jersey Environmental Commissions Affordable Housing Task Force Report, City of Anna Arbor, MI Affordable Housing: Why So Many Failures? y Arrol Gellner American Planning Association Planning
• “Not Your Grandmother’s Granny Flat” by James H.
Andrews (March 2005)
• “Here to Stay: Mobile home parks hold their own” by Meghan Stromberg (February 2005)
• “Affordable Housing in an Unaffordable Region” by Kristin Palm (January 2005)
• “Putting the Force in Workforce Housing” by Tim Sullivan (November 2004)
• “Both Adffluent and Affordable” by Randy Richardson (November 2004) APA Policy Guide on Factory Built Housing 2001 Barriers to Affordable Workforce Housing Lock Out Low and Mid-Income Families by Carole Pawlak, www.
ahba. org City ordinance would link new development, affordable housing by Ronald Leir, Bayonne Journal Creating Affordable Housing, www. bobvila. com Definition, Affordable Housing, Tallahassee-Leon County Planning Department Expanding Development of Affordable Housing in New York City: An Action Plan for Reducing Costs and Stimulating Construction, Housing First 1
Florida Housing Data Clearinghouse, Shimberg Center for Affordable Housing Household Cost burden: % of Income Spent on Housing, All Households, 2002
• Household Cost burden: % of Income Spent on Housing by Renters, 2002
• Household Cost burden: % of Income Spent on Housing by Owners, 2002
• Household Cost burden: % of Income Spent on Housing by Low-Income Households,
• 2002 Florida Needs Affordable Housing, and More of It, US Report Shows, UF News Growth Management, Smart Growth, and Affordable Housing by Anthony Downs, www.
brookings. edu/printme Habitat shifts gears as roperty values continue to climb by Wendy Culverwell, http://msnbc. msn. com Housing Hurdles by Thomas Sowell How To Get More Affordable Housing Built, www. anthonydowns. com Inclusionary Housing: A Discussion of Policy Issues prepared by the Alachua County Department of Planning and Development Inclusionary Zoning: The missing piece to the affordable housing puzzle by Doug Porter, www. realtor. org Manufactured Housing: Trends and Issues in the “Wheel Estate’ Industry by Jerry Weitz, AICP Moving Beyond sprawl Toward a Broader Metropolitan Agenda by Bruce Katz and Amy Liu, www. rookings. edu Myths & Facts About Affordable and High-Density Housing, www. abag. ca National Housing Opportunity Survey Finds Housing Affordability To Be A Voint Issue, www. realtor. org Providing Affordable Housing, Planning Commissioners Journal Reducing Housing Costs Through Regulatory Reform: A Handbook for Colorado Communities, www. asu. edu/caed/proceedings99 Regulations Close Doors to Affordable Housing, HUD Finds by Robert Longley San Diego’s Affordable Housing Dilemma by Chris Fiscelli 2
Section 260 Cost-saving Building Technologies and Construction Techniques, HUD The Affordable Housing Shortage: Considering the Problem, Causes, and Solutions by Ron Feldman The Inclusionary Housing Debate: Who Really Pays for Affordable Housing? by Brian W. Blaesser and Janet R. Stearns What is Affordable Housing? www. nonprofithousing. org Why Affordable Housing Does Not Lower Property Values www. habitat. org Why Your Homes Costs So Much by Barry Bluestone 3 (This page intentionally left blank) 4