Amway promotes individual entrepreneurship through its innovative direct selling approach of world class consumer products. Amway India is the country’s leading direct selling FMCG-company which manufactures and sells world-class consumer products. Its business opportunity and all its products are covered by 100% Money Back Guarantee. Amway sources all its products from within India, thereby providing stimulus to the local manufacturing industry. CORPORATE CREDENTIALS
• Amway India is a wholly owned subsidiary of US $ 7. billion Amway Corporation, Ada, Michigan, USA.
Amway Corporation is one of the largest Direct Selling companies in the world. It has a presence in 80 countries & territories.
• Established in 1995, Amway India commenced its commercial operations in May 1998 and has emerged as the largest Direct Selling FMCG Company. The Company is headquartered at the National Capital Region of India – New Delhi.
• Amway has invested in excess of US $ 35 million (Rs. 151 crore) in India of this; US $ 6 million (Rs. 26 crore) is in the form of direct foreign investment.
Amway India has 400 full time employees and has generated indirect employment for 1,650 persons at all the contract manufacturer locations.
• The Company has provided income generating opportunity to over 4,50,000 active independent Amway Business Owners.
• Amway India provides free and unlimited training to all its distributors to help them grow their business. Amway India conducted over 29,000 training sessions during in the past 12-months with an attendance of over 1. 5 million Amway Business Owners and prospects. Amway India recorded a sales turnover of over Rs. 800 crore during January’07 –December’07.
• Amway India is a member of the Indian Direct Selling Association (IDSA).
The IDSA is an industry regulatory body, with several reputed international and Indian Direct Selling companies as members.
• Amway India is also a member of the Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) and Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce (FICCI).
• The World Blind Union presented an award and citation to Amway India in 2003, for its peerless work for the blind children. NATIONAL PRESENCE
In ten years of commercial operation, Amway India has established a nation-wide presence in over 125 offices and 55 city warehouses and four regional mother warehouses. The distribution and home delivery network set up with the support of independent logistics partners is spread across over 3,000 locations. MANUFACTURING Almost all Amway India products are manufactured in the country through 7 third party contract manufacturers. To bring the identified contract manufacturers’ production facilities and skills to international standard, Amway has invested in excess of US$ 4 million (approx.
Rs. 17 crore). The transfer of this state-of-the-art, world-class technology, has been free of cost. PRODUCTS
• At present, Amway India offers over 105 products in four categories. They are Personal care category, Home Care category, Nutrition & Wellness category and Cosmetics category.
• With the exception of Cosmetics range (Artistry*) and some products in Nutrition and Wellness category, all Amway India products and bottles are manufactured in India.
• The products match Amway’s global quality standards.
They carry a tamper-proof seal and a ‘100% Money Back Guarantee’. If not completely satisfied with the product, the consumer can return it for a refund. Amway products are environment friendly, and are not tested on animals. Amway encourages the return of its used product bottles for re-cycling and to prevent their misuse. CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY AMWAY OPPORTUNITY FOUNDATION (AOF)
• Amway Opportunity Foundation (AOF) a registered non-profit organisation which looks after Amway India’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
Amway distributors are also volunteers of AOF and they have enthusiastically participated in all AOF activities. Globally, Amway’s CSR campaign is known as the One By One Campaign for Children. PROMOTING FREE ENTERPRISE AND SELF-EMPLOYMENT
• Amway has conducted several seminars on ‘Entrepreneurial Development and Direct Selling’ in concert with the Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) and the All India Management Association (AIMA) on the benefits of organised direct selling.
MEMBER – IDSA (Indian Direct Selling Association)
• Amway India Enterprises Pvt Ltd is a member of the India Direct Selling Association. The Indian Direct Selling Association is an association of companies engaged in the business of direct selling in India. Its members are of high national and international repute having set standards in delivering quality goods and in following ethical business practices.