Pages 3 (616 words)
Compounds included inside one or more of the medicinal plant’s organs can be utilized for medical purposes as a synthesis of beneficial pharmacopoeial, and non-pharmacopoeial medicines. Medicinal plant therapy is known to be very functional, as these therapies are derived from nature. This is why herbal therapy is becoming more popular all over the world. The new medicines that are extracted from the plants can eliminate the majority of the diseases. Medicinal plants, including flavoring foods, drugs, cosmetics, and beauty have given many advantages.
People have used them throughout history to help cure or mitigate the symptoms of a disease. More than 90% of traditional recipes/remedies contain medicinal herbs. Medicinal plants have been a medicinal instrument in various cultures all over the world for decades. ‘WHO’ has estimated that 80 percent of people rely mainly on those herbal plants for their healthcare needs. Treatment by medicinal plants is much cheaper than conventional drugs as these drugs act faster than medicinal plants.
Medicinal plants can treat several conditions while traditional drugs can treat only one condition. Some herbal plants have side effects, others don’t have any side effects. As a result, it is advised to consult your doctor before using these plants.
Some Important Types Of Medicinal Plants And Their Applications In Our Everyday Life:
- Herbs including Cinnamon, Sandalwood, Burdock, Bayberry, Safflower, Aloe, Black pepper, Myrrh, Ginseng, and Red clover are utilized in curing sores, wounds, and boils.
- Aloe, Barberry, Goldenseal, and Chirayata are herbal plants that can be utilized as mild tonics.
The sour flavor of certain plants lowers blood toxins. They’re also effective in eliminating infections.
- Relaxing smell and reduction of tension are two of the main characteristics of lavender as it relieves stress and anxiety, reduces migraines, and helps in skin improvement.
- Sandalwood and Khare Khasak is utilized as antiseptics as they have very strong therapeutic qualities.
- Certain plants have antibiotic effects such as Turmeric which prevents bacterial production, toxic microbes, and bacteria. Turmeric is commonly used as a home treatment for cutting and wound healing.
- Other antipyretic herbs such as Black pepper, Chirayta, Safflower, and Sandalwood are prescribed by traditional Indian medicinal practitioners to alleviate fever and heat output induced by the disease.
- Certain plants are used to neutralize gastric acid. Herbs, such as the root and leaf of marshmallows act as antacids. These herbs preserve the safe gastric acid which is required for proper digestion.
- Inflammation reduction, blood circulation amelioration, and consolidations of hair growth are some of the beneficial uses of rosemary
- Chamomile, Basil, Chrysanthemum, Peppermint, Cinnamon, Turmeric, Ginger, calamus, Ajwain, Cardamom, and Coriander are all herbs that promote healthy circulation of the blood. Hence they act as stimulants for the heart.
- Marigold is one of the medicinal plants that improve eyesight and overall health of the skin. Has the ability to cure the pain of the ear.
- In some cough syrups the Cloves and Ginger are utilized. They are known for their expectorant property which stimulates the lung, trachea, and bronchi to eject the mucus. Cardamoms and Eucalyptus are expectorants as well.
- Treatment of constipation and diarrhea, diabetes and cholesterol control, having antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory properties are some of the uses of the Beal plant
- Tea of peppermint leaf aids in losing weight, alleviation of stomach pain, and cosmetics production.
- Purification of blood, alleviation of flu symptoms, memory sharpening, and expelling of stones inside the kidney through the urinary tract are some of the main functions of the Tulsi plant.
- Lessening of blood pressure, and acting as anticonvulsive are some of the characteristics of celery.
- Nepeta cataria leaves can be chewed to alleviate fevers and toothaches. They can also be used as a sedative as well as a mosquito repellent plant.